Monday, March 14, 2011


In light of the tragedy in Japan, and for all beings who suffer, I have no words, 
only this..


Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.
 

St. Francis of Assisi




4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. These past couple of days I've been staring at the images coming out of Japan - somehow the ones that are hardest to put words to show people waiting patiently on line for supplies, amidst complete wreckage.

    I like the beauty and hope of your photo here - the sun beyond close dark trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful prayer, Ramona. I love Franz von Assisi very much,and I love the "flowers" and other texts about this enlightened holy man. I am happy to meet him here! And I know, that you, Ramona, are such a blessed tool in the hands of God!
    Japan...this is war...
    And in the midst of this disaster they give us (Germany) so necessary advises to stop some too old dangerous atomic plants. We had endless discussions before, and since 2 days there is not any doubt to stop them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramone this is beautiful and one of my favourite church hymns. It is just so hard to take in, all that is happening. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete