Wednesday, June 20, 2012

'The Peace of Wild Things'

I've posted this, one of my favorite poems, before and
wish to give it an annual spot on this blog.

Here it is, in June.


The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.


 Midsummer blessings to all who come into
the peace of the wild things.

Update.  
With summer quite upon us, I will take a brief hiatus from blogging to immerse myself in this beautiful yet brief season that I love and rest in her grace... Please join me.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem - with so much wisdom is so few words.

    Your posts always gently remind me of what's important.

    May your day be filled with the peace of wild things!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty, beauty, and wisdom, is this poem. But the new header of your blog is WHAAAAA great !!! :D So good to see the wind blow your hair like it blows the dandelion seeds :X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your midsummer blessings. For me this time is as intense as christmas, a big, big spiritual time in the year. It is so good, to find you here today.

    We only can taste a glimpse of freedom as we live here - but this is the reason why it is so important to give love, art and prayers as possible as we can into this sighing world.

    Your wild walks are so wonderful and nature is waiting for you so urgent. Maybe there is only one thing important: to heal our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful poem... and I didn't KNOW this one!

    Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And to you, good Ramona. xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete