Thursday, May 09, 2013

Wondrous fleeting spring!!


Heavenly shades of blue 
and pink,
ruffled edges beginning
to fade




    


 A glorious spring! I cannot stay indoors.
 Beautiful blossoms that come only for a few
days must be enjoyed right now.

Heavenly Blue Bells!  This year they have multiplied 
into the hundreds!
I enjoy every stage of a flower,
the emerging buds,
the full blown peak of
color and vitality!
and finally..., the bittersweet 
fading of color, still there but with the 
beginnings of brown and dry edges.

Every stage a wonder!!

And also my sweet yellow friend, Gold Finch is here with me. 
How much I love his sweet song I can't begin to tell you.

Much activity in the garden these days. 

Must get ready for planting of vegetables
 and move things around and prune and clean up, and,..and.




                                                                                
 
and later, time for a rest with a simple rustic bread,
toasted with butter and honey.

Have a wonderful spring, filled with birdsong and fragrant blossoms and
simple food.

6 comments:

  1. Yum.... not just the bread and honey - which is a favorite food of mine. Because of all the bears, I must say goodbye to feeding the birds in summer, but there are still plenty around just in the edges of the forest. Is that first image mountain laurel? We're several weeks away from mountain laurel blooms here, but they are spectacular in this forest. Oh, now I'm not sure as I look again at the image. Similar flowers, however, but I don't think the same.

    Spring blessings to you, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerianna, the first two images are Virginia Blue Bells and also further down I show the lilac and redbuds are beginning to bud.
      Soon you will be awash in color!!

      Delete
  2. wishing you lovely days in the beautiful wonder of spring. it is gorgeous here as well, so many treasures to behold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tammi, it is so great to know that you love these treasures!!

      Delete
  3. Spring - full of meditation and hope in the midst your heart and in the heart of all, who surround you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meditation and hope, this is spring. In it's full glory and exalted state, I am humbled.

      Delete