Wednesday, February 05, 2020

I go among trees.


Thinking of  the words of Wendall Berry on a recent winter walk.


I go among trees and sit still.
All my stirring becomes quiet around me
like circles on water.
My tasks lie in their places where I left them
asleep like cattle.
Then what is afraid of me comes
and lives a while in my sight.
What it fears in me leaves me
and the fear of me leaves it.
It sings and I hear its song.
Than what I am afraid of comes.
I live for a while in its sight.
What I fear in it leaves it
and the fear of it leaves me.
It sings and I hear its song.

By: Wendell Berry

3 comments:

  1. Lovely poem and photo.
    Sweet winter days to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And many sweet winter days to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like here in the Bavarian forest. WHITE again.... The snow is healing and covering wounds - -

    Fine to see Tammie here!

    ReplyDelete