Wednesday, February 05, 2020

To Remember


Inspired by a recent post from friend/artist/blogger Dori Stuffer I created a drawing to honor her love and dedication to animals in need. 
They find their way to her, large and small, winged and furred, and live out their lives in a small sanctuary in Bavaria Germany.

In 2013 I blogged about my visit with Dori in Germany and have remembered many of the animals some of which have passed away very recently.

As an artist I deeply connect to memories and events through art, sometimes symbolically or figuratively, the lines and paint are a conduit to the soul's expression.

Here my friend is shown with some animal companions that have died. An alpaca, white dog and chickens, a black sheep and cat all huddle around their caretaker while a sheep walks toward them. He is a red ram and is only partially drawn for he has only died a few days ago.
He was called Pauli and had a big personality. I'm sure his absence will be felt for a long time to come.






5 comments:

  1. What a great spiritual drawing from the heart, dear ramona1 I believe in miracles1 Pauli works, timmi works, the hen, the doves, the alpaca and all in the green meadows ...

    I showe this drawing now in my Good-by-Pauli-Post,

    These are my words:

    Hallo, Ramona!! Ich sehe sie, die nicht mehr da sind, aber nahe sind, denn ich suche und finde ihre Spuren - -


    In einer grĂ¼nen sonnigen Aue unterm Apfelbaum sind wir wieder vereint. "Dort unterm Apfelbaum, da legte sanft ich meine Hand in deine..."(Johannes vom Kreuz, Spiritual Canticle )
    DANKE RAMONA!

    There beneath the appletree, I found my LOVE - - -


    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in miracles, I found my lost beneath the appletree.... Do you remember the verse of the canticle?


    GOOD NIGHT- You make me sweet dreamings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could feel myself back with you when I was drawing this. What a beautiful life we can live, you show us how. Thank you for you enduring friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thank you so much, dear Ramona! It's such a present!

      I mean to see in the drawing a new very soft sheep coming into my here and now ....??

      Delete
    2. I see the pale sheep too. A new one coming into the fold? I hope so. :)

      Delete