Friday, December 03, 2010

Wonderment and creating stories. 

While driving in the country a few months ago I saw some images that reminded me of a poem I once read about an abandoned house.

 Homes that are abandoned,  particularly farm houses, are aching to tell their stories.

 I no longer have the poem to quote from directly but here are some sketches and words that came to me.








The curtains blowing out of a window propped open.
The stillness and quiet that surrounds, made more poignant by the sound of blowing leaves and wind.

Who lived here? Why did they leave and where did they go?
Free to imagine I look for clues, one thing leading to another until at last I have the story, my story and convince myself that I know these people.










1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post. I would love to find and adopt one of these sad old farm houses and give them a new lease of life.
    Beautiful pictures too, thank you for sharing
    xxx

    ReplyDelete