Sunday, January 16, 2011

Not far from where I live is a small park. Making time to walk in nature quiets my mind, but that day it was cold and very windy and I almost thought of going back home till I remembered the geography of this place.

There is a section that is like a deep bowl. A limestone bluff and the creek form one side... 




and if I walk eighty paces or so, a steep tree covered hillside is on the other side.

This is where  the wind stopped and the quiet began.




 A hole in the ice covered creek, the water still moving.


 The remains of a small fern growing out of the bluff that
 I was never able to get close to, but the creek now frozen  allowed me to see the ferns at close range. This felt like a privilege.




snow, paints images on the bluff.


wonderful patterns 




so quiet it was



but for the
 the sound of the Nuthatch.

3 comments:

  1. I love the bird call! It looks so beautiful and majestic where you are. Your blog is really, very lovely. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am walking with you through a wonder of snow, figures and patterns and last not least listening to the sound of a little but strong bird. Very sensitive and hidden and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire and Dori, so glad you could enjoy this walk with me. Nature in her splendor.

    ReplyDelete